A very warm welcome to our Investment area.
Secret Projects is the trading name for Secret Projects Community Benefit Society Limited. Our society was registered on 10th October 2019 and our registration number is 8216.
A Community Benefit Society is an enterprise run by the community for the benefit of the community. In the case of Secret Projects Community Benefit Society, the community benefiting from our activities is the women (and their children) in India who are part of our Network of Indian Producers.
Community Benefit Societies sell community shares to people that care about the community being benefited. Watch this video to understand more
Join us… We invite you to invest in Secret Projects Community Benefits Society (Secret Projects CBS)
We would like to invite Secret Projects customers and supporters, as well as social investors to join our community of 200 investors and own Secret Projects with us.
This video was created to inspire our first investors to come on board... it is 3.5 minutes long. Please watch and be inspired.
Investment details are:
- Community Shares in Secret Projects CBS are £10 each with a minimum share investment of just 5 shares per person, totalling £50.
- Both Adults and under 16’s can own shares
- Shares can be gifted (to both adults and under 16’s)
- Shares can be bought over a period of time and paid for in monthly instalments
We have put together a ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ fact sheet HERE that provides answers to the many questions we have been asked over the last few months by investors.
For further information about how your investment grows when you invest in Secret Projects CBS, please click HERE.
Of course, if you still have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us – we are always happy to answer any queries you may have. (Contact details can be found towards the end of the page).
What are the benefits of being an Investor?
As an owner of Secret Projects CBS, the benefits are many (not just the feeling one gets from investing in an organisation that works tirelessly and effectively to empower women in India) and include:
- The ability to stand and vote for the new Board of Directors and on other important organisational decisions.
- A digital version of IMPACT SP, our Annual Review.
- An invitation to join our live-streamed AGM.
- Access to our twice-yearly POWER sessions* and Monday Motivational Message via WhatsApp.
- A Secret Projects Community Benefit Society Share Certificate for you and/or those you have purchased shares on behalf of.
- A Young Persons Shareholder Pack for under 16’s, explaining exactly what it means to be a shareholder.
- Up to 3% interest on your share capital when the company makes a profit and the right to ask for your money back after 3 year.
- For eligible UK tax payers, EIS tax relief is available on investments over £1,000 (EIS is available on any amount. The £1000 was a limit we set for the share offer).
Please note: We cannot give tax advice, and can only vouch that the investment is a valid investment for tax relief. Anyone considering investing with tax relief in mind should contact a financial advisor to establish your eligibility for this particular form of tax relief.
How to invest
If you would like to become an investor, please follow these simple steps:
- Email us at: email@example.com, giving us your full name and advising how much you would like to invest. If you would like to discuss your investment with us before going ahead, please do let us know at this stage.
- Following this, we will contact you with the full details of how to make your investment.
- When you have made your investment and we have received the funds, we will ask you to provide us with 2 forms of identification as follows:
- Photo identification (for example your passport or driving licence)
- Proof of your address (for example a utility bill or a financial statement issued within the last 3 months).
Following receipt of your identification documents, we will issue your share certificate (and/or to the person/s you have purchased shares on behalf of). This should take around 2 weeks.
We hope the information we have given here has been helpful, but please do contact us as follows if you have questions:
For general enquiries about investing contact Margaret Ring, Membership Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
To arrange a meeting to discuss your investment in detail contact:
Fritha Vincent Global CEO: email@example.com
Banke Ajayi, Global CFO: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org