Hiliki - set of 3 transparent spice jars upcycled in Zanzibar fair from waste glass bottles
Hiliki spice jars, set of 3, transparent with wooden lids
- Uplifting - Women's empowerment. We believe in gender equality and female empowerment. 60% of the Chako artisans are female. Furthermore we focus on unemployed youth and create knowledge
- Upcycled - This product is made out of one bottle from the more than 2 million bottles we collect in one year in Zanzibar.
- Fairtrade - Since 2018 Chako is a proudly guranteed member of World Fair Trade Organisation.
- Every product is unique and made from bottle waste collected on the island
- Certified member of World Fair Trade Organisation
What is the World Fair Trade Organisation?
WFTO is a global association of SMEs and retailers, that practice and advocate for an alternative economic system. All our members practice the 10 Principles of Fair Trade across their entire operations and supply chain. A Guaranteed WFTO member adheres to the highest ethical requirements. WFTO members are also fully verified as Fair Trade plus social enterprises. The sustainable, ethical, and beautiful products sold here are made by some of our Guaranteed WFTO members.